WorldRemit is an award-winning online money transfer company that enables customers to send remittances to family and friends in more than 110 countries. The service is a low-cost alternative to traditional money transfer companies that use high street agents and charge unreasonable fees.
I worked in a team of 2 developers and contracted to maintain, internationalise, introduce modern frontend workflow and progressively refactor and update the design of the website.
- Carried out general maintenance task and bug fixing at all levels (frontend, backend, CMS)
- Advocated and helped with the migration from TFS to GIT
- Introduced automation using Gulp (linters, concaternation, minification)
- Establish strategies to internationalise the website and progressively update the design
- Creation of new pages and updated the design of homepage and country pages
- Mobile first responsive design (attention given to compression and loading of assets and conditionally execute JS components based on screen size)
- Refactored backend and frontend code to help with versioning and simplifying the deployment process
- Helped with narrowing down and fix issues with Umbraco caching and uploads in a load balancing setup
- Refactored document types and templates to allow internationalisation of the website
- Helped with the design and integration of third parties (skins for payment gateways, A/B tests in Optimizely etc.)
- CSS3 (mobile first),
- GIT (pull requests, code reviews),
- Umbraco (Razor, C#, document types, custom fields etc),