The issue I had was that my express server wasn’t closing after all the tests were completed or the test was timing out.
After some digging I noticed
tape was running more tests than the actual amount of tests defined in my project. Next step was to go through all my tests and make sure I didn’t have any strange logic or weird syntax in my files.
Everything was fine there so I realised that my
npm test command in
package.json was the culprit.
It looked like this:
"test": "tape test/**/*.js" when it should obviously look like this:
"test": "tape ./test/**/*.js"; otherwise it would launch your test command against all
test directories and subdirectories inside your project.
Apart from the issue above, I found out that the express server was hanging due to the
winston-graylog2 package not closing connections properly. The issue is reported here.